Thursday, June 4, 2009

Final Discussion Questions ~ Coda

I would very much like it if you thought of me as a mouse telling you a story, this story, with the whole of my heart, whispering it in your ear in order to save myself from darkness, and to save you from the darkness, too. (page 270)

Now that we have finished reading the Tale of Despereaux, let's talk about this book.

  • What surprised you?
  • What did you like?
  • How was it different from the movie?
  • Would you recommend this book to a friend?
  • Why or why not?

4 comments:

  1. The story ends great with despereaux saving the princess pea. Also the princess asked mig what she wanted and mig said that she wanted her mom and the princess said oh mig I want my mom to. On page 254

    ReplyDelete
  2. What surprised me was that miggery sow was trying to cut off roscuros head (because he will not bring them up to the light) mig missed and cut off his tail (page152/159 ang160)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised that Despereaux went down into the dungeon when there was rats that eat mice down there. Also I can’t believe that Despereaux didn’t know that Botticelli was just lying to him.The story is different because in the movie roscuro was a nice rat and was born in the light not the dark. Also in the end of the book they all live happily ever after and in the movie they just said the end. My favorite part of the book was when the king thinks Despereaux is a bug I thought that was funny!!!!! I would recommend this book to a few friends and not just one because I think alot of people will enjoy this book(I know I did )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I also liked was when the king outlawed the soup some people brought down the boles and the spoon.

    It was alot different from the movie because roscuro is not mean in the movie and they have this little contest and there is a big cat that trys to eat desperaux. I would recomen this to a friend because it is such a great book!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thinking with us!

Lee Brazell

Lee Brazell

About Me

I am a Literacy Specialist and I currently teach reading and writing to students in 3rd and 4th grade at Maple Avenue Elementary School.

I am a trained Reading Recovery teacher and a certified, highly qualified, Reading Specialist. I have taught literacy to students in grades K-6.

I am a teacher consultant for the Plymouth Writing Project. I am also an adjunct instructor for Plymouth State University and a facilitator for OPEN-NH.
I am currently completing a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies at Plymouth State University.