Monday, May 11, 2009

Discussion Questions: Book the Second

Before Book the Second ends, we meet two new characters: Gregory and Chiaroscuro.
  • Choose either Gregory or Chiaroscuro.
  • Give some details about either one from the story.
  • List one of the character's traits and what the character did that helped you figure it out.
Be sure to leave a comment about anything you don't understand or any questions you have in the comment box.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder how many times the book talks about Desperauxs brother s and sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gregory is a human who works in the dungeon as a jailer. (page 77) He loves stories. He ties a rope around his ankles. This is smart because it keeps him from getting lost in the dungeon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roscuro is a rat and he is different from his kind because when Gregory the jailer lights a mach and puts it in the rats face the other rats look away however Roscuro look right in the light on page.94
    also he is very curious like when he went upstairs to the banquet hall to see the light on page.106


    Also he was born in the dark duneon and he still loves with the light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roscuro is a rat that is different than others because rats dont like light but roscuro oddly does like light.

    Roscuro was born into the filth and darkness of the duneon.(page 85)

    Roscuros behavior is brave because he nibbles on gregorys rope and is being asked to apologize but he says "no" (pag 87)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chiaroscuro is a rat who lives in the dungeon. I think he is fearless and independent because when Gregory yells at him to stop biting his rope he says NO! (page 86)

    He is different than the other rats because he loves light. (page 89). He says 'I think the meaning of life is light" (page 88) He reminds me of Despereaux because he does not conform to what others think.

    Ms. Brazell

    ReplyDelete
  6. julia:

    ~ why does Desperaux want to go to the dungeon.


    ~ When Desperaux gets the thread, what eles does he get?

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thinking with us!

Lee Brazell

Lee Brazell

About Me

I am a Literacy Specialist and I currently teach reading and writing to students in 3rd and 4th grade at Maple Avenue Elementary School.

I am a trained Reading Recovery teacher and a certified, highly qualified, Reading Specialist. I have taught literacy to students in grades K-6.

I am a teacher consultant for the Plymouth Writing Project. I am also an adjunct instructor for Plymouth State University and a facilitator for OPEN-NH.
I am currently completing a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies at Plymouth State University.